Our February live workshop was centered around mental health! Licensed mental health therapist and planner babe, Robin Roseborough aka Craftyplanner_queen, led this workshop on finding self love through planning and journaling.
In the workshop we covered everything from best practices, coping skills, boundaries & daily practices of self-love for creatives living busy lives.
Self love is defined as "the act of valuing one's happiness and well being. Self love is a kind of acceptance that can be described as an unconditional sense of support and caring and a core of compassion for oneself. It may also be a willingness to meet your own personal needs and the act of non judgemental thinking about oneself."
Self care isn't selfish, but as creatives living busy lives it can be hard to carve out time just for ourselves, and say no to others.
We need to love ourselves in our love language. If you are not familiar there are 5 love languages: words of affirmation, quality time, gifts, acts of service, and physical touch. Finding out what your love language is, and taking time to find ways to love yourself that way is so helpful in a self love journey.
Ideas to love yourself in your love language:
- If your love language is words of affirmation, take time to tell yourself out loud things you like about yourself or things you are proud of.
- If your love language is gifts, treat yourself to something you want and don't feel guilty!
- If your love language is quality time, take yourself out on a date.
- If your love language is acts of service, do something you have been putting off that needs to get done, like dusting your crafting room.
- If your love language is physical touch, get a massage!
I hope you enjoy the replay of our live mental health workshop found tips and practices to incorporate into your own life! Join us in future workshops and keeping an eye on my page for the announcements!